Editing Without Intimidation
- Collaboration: Editing is a partnership. I respect each author's individual vision and personal expression, and I believe the author-editor relationship should always be one of shared goals and purpose.
- A safe space for authors: Writing is inherently deeply personal; I understand that. My services focus on constructive feedback and improvement, never on criticizing.
- No slashing and burning: Editing is about balance. If an element in your manuscript is important to you, we'll find a way to address any editorial concerns while meeting your needs. Nothing gets cut without your review.
- Review and revision: You choose how frequently, and at what level, you review edits. Additionally, all manuscripts go through a minimum of two full editorial rounds, exclusive of the proofread.
- Passion, patience, and craft: I am an editor at heart; my work is my art. I love the English language, and I'm passionate about supporting my authors. We will work together until you are happy with each and every edit.
- No stodgy grammatical restrictions: I am a descriptive grammarian and editor. I focus on the way the English is and can be used, not on prescriptive grammatical rules. Grammar and usage should support creative expression, not hinder it.